This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi all,

I am first testing the Timesheet module only. But am receiving alerts about lack of "analytic journal" for the user.

As couldn´t find where to set this, I suppose additional modules should be installed. Is that right ?

If yes, can you tell me what would be the minimum list of installed modules for using Timesheet ?

regards

Tales

Discard
Best Answer

i think the first thing you need to install is accounting and finance module, since right there you'll find the configuration for analytic accounting (analytic journals & analytic accounts)

Discard
Author

Yes, that´s it. I installed the accounting and finance module and now am able to configure the analytic journal. thanks

Best Answer

You need to install hr_timesheet_sheet module for this. As you did not mention the exact warning message, you are getting for analytic journal, I am guessing that you did not set Analytic journal in employee for which you are trying to fill the timesheet. If it is so, Go to the Employee form, open particular record and From 'HR Settings' Tab, Set any Analytic Journal say for ex. Timesheet Journal, save it and try it again.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks, Priyesh Solanki

Discard
Author

I had already installed the Timesheet module but was not able to set the analytic journal as it was not enabled on the employee form. Was able to do it only after installing the Accounting module. Thanks

So you had been testing timesheet module for the first time then you should definitely check out some help resources online at the same time. Since, I had been using Replicon's simple to use cloud based http://www.replicon.com/ (timesheet software) which has been pretty simple, easy to use and access from anywhere and the best part is that reports can be donwloaded into excel.