Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

module without fields?

By
evon_dun
on 7/8/13, 5:14 AM 1,025 views

Can we create a module which depends on the other and does not contain any field and only has a function which is called by its only button in a view?

Ghanshyam Prajapati

--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
| 4 4 8
Pune, India
--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
OpenERP Developer
Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 7/8/13, 6:31 AM

Yes evaon, Yes you can create module without fields.

I have a module that depends on account and inherit from invoice.py so i wish to work on the invoice with the use of a button in this new module. I tried creating it but my view points to process transition view. please check

evon_dun
on 7/8/13, 6:49 AM

Are you getting any error? if yes then past your error here.

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 7/8/13, 6:54 AM

no there is no error but what my view should be it is not like that. I have only a button on my view and when i click on the menu of my module process transition view appears. I don't understand why or probably the module without columns is not possible!

evon_dun
on 7/8/13, 6:59 AM

please post your code over here.

Ghanshyam Prajapati
on 7/8/13, 7:14 AM

class demo(osv.osv): _name = 'demo' # _inherit = 'account.invoice'

def test_fun(self, cr, uid, ids,context):
    res = {}
    amount = 100
    raise orm.except_orm(_('Fees amount'), str(amount))
    return True

demo()

evon_dun
on 7/8/13, 7:19 AM

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 7/8/13, 11:43 AM

Yes you can do it. Maybe something in your code is wrong. Could you please post here your py and xml code? It's going to be helpful to see where is the error. I made that many times and it never failed

Yes i did it! there was a mistake in my xml thanks.

evon_dun
on 7/9/13, 2:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/8/13, 5:14 AM
Seen: 1025 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM