Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

module update under gunicorn

By
Brian Martin
on 11/7/13, 4:08 PM 622 views

I am running openerp via gunicorn. But if I want to reload the server to update some modules (ie. passing in --update=my-module) I am unsure how to do this. My workaround has been to run the server standalone with openerp.py to do the module updates and then restart under gunicorn.

Brian Martin
On 11/8/13, 12:26 AM

Answering my own question. It turns out you don't always need to use the --update=<module> syntax when upgrading a module. This must just be a shortcut for development. Instead you just restart the server (which loads your new python objects). And then you when click on 'Upgrade Module' in the settings/modules page, your changes/updates will be reflected in the system.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/7/13, 4:08 PM
Seen: 622 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM