Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module that installs other Modules

By
Peter
on 4/20/15, 9:27 AM 546 views

I want to write a module that only installs some other modules, so it should be a collection of some own modules. How can I realize that? Do I have to use dependencies in this module? An example would be very nice, thanks.

Thanks for your answer @Jordi. I did what u said and now all modules i defined as depencency are marked as "To be installed".

Peter
on 4/22/15, 8:21 AM
Jordi Ballester Alomar
On 4/20/15, 10:08 AM

Yes, just use the 'depends' in file '__openerp__.py referencing the other modules that you want to install automatically when this one is installed.

Regards,

Jordi Ballester

www.eficent.com

Yes, this is right but it will make problem when any one of module having error.

Solanki Shamji
on 4/20/15, 11:43 AM

Solanki, not sure that I understand. That's precisely what Odoo does with the so-called 'Apps'. They are modules bundled using dependencies.

Eficent Business and IT Consulting Services, S.L.
on 4/20/15, 11:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/20/15, 9:27 AM
Seen: 546 times
Last updated: 6/8/15, 9:03 AM