Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module shows JS instead of executing code

By
Wiebe de Roos
on 7/23/13, 7:43 AM 985 views

Hi All,

I followed the following example:

openerp-web-v7.readthedocs.org/en/latest/module.html

to setup a basic module.

I can install it using the web interface (install/update/upgrade) and no errors are shown.

In order to access the example it should be OK to go to: localhost:8069/web_example/static/src/js/first_module.js to directly load the module (without the need to find it in the menu of openERP)

However it is not executing but just showing the JS code as plain text. No errors or anything else except the code from the example here...

I googled but cannot find anything to solve this (configuration?) problem...might be versy simple though...

Any help is welcome ;-) Thanks...

Wiebe

Alain Ivars
On 7/23/13, 10:23 AM

A script js must be loaded by the web page and not dirrectly, for exemple in ths page the openerp.com use some js file to do some work on the page e:

help.openerp.com/m/openerp/js/help_openerp.js

If you copy this link on the url you will see the code js but it will not be executed, to be executed it must be loaded by the page itself.

I hope this answer respond to your question.

Wiebe de Roos
On 7/25/13, 7:08 AM

Thanks I got the module working.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/13, 7:43 AM
Seen: 985 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM