Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module (notes) installation not finish?

By
mcindietech
on 4/12/13, 9:15 AM 2,528 views

Hi, Im installing some modules in OpenERP v7 and sometimes, when Im installing a module the web browser show me a message say me "install in process, wait" or similar and I wait and I wait and...if web browser doesnt response I reload the page and when I check the apps (modules) in OpenERP the module that I tryed install don't show the any button under icon, dont show if module is (installed) or (install).

I will try restart the server (container VPS). I tryed restart OpenERP and doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 4/12/13, 9:29 AM

Judging by the other questions you have asked in the last 4 days I would recommend that you put your accumulated experience to use and restart your PostgreSQL & OpenERP installation completely from zero.

I also use Ubuntu 12.04 and can assure you that OpenERP works very, very well on it.

I have installed KVM and experiment with new installations in virtual machines. Once I'm sure I have the procedure correct and correctly understood, I do a clean install in a new VM, and kill the old one.

I have wrecked OpenERP several installations (by making a mess of the accounting modules, for example). It is nice to know that I can save a copy of the VM, mess around with a new module, and keep deleting an redoing until I get it right.

Which VPS are you using? I have had extremely good service from Prometeus

mcindietech
On 4/12/13, 11:11 AM

Hi, thanks for your answer. In fact, now Im testing OpenERP v7 and Im testing too a VPS service of 1and1 provider... Yes, I know there are providers better than 1and1 (hostgator, bluehost, etc), but it's only a test, and Im not sure about this service, I have some problems with 1and1 in the last months, connectivity problems. I have another 15 sites in 1and1 and Im looking for other providers. In the future, I would like have another provider for my sites, I think is not good idea have all sites in one provider...

About installation of OpenERP, I have installed OpenERP five times for now in the last week, in CentOS and Ubuntu (VPS and Virtual Machine under Parallels, in local) and works fine, but sometimes appears a mistake and I guess it's because I have not yet managed to make a good setup with the configuration correct parameters, but it is close.

Prometheus did not know, but it seems very interesting, I see that uses SSD HD, that should be a significant increase in speed. Perhaps try. Prometeus page have a problem, now there is not stock for OpenVZ VZSSD7 VPS.

Thanks again

Mc

I have had bad experiences trying to use Java on OpenVZ and so I don't trust it. I don't know how it is with Python, but most likely it's ok. I use KVM all the time and understand that it is the hypervisor most compatible with Ubuntu. Those are in stock. Prometeus did have supply problems more often. I suspect if you check back in a few days you'll find what you want. 1Gb RAM at 1and1 : $30. 1Gb RAM at Prometeus : $13!

Martin
on 4/12/13, 3:10 PM

Hi Martin, I have decided change provider hosting VPS, but now, KVM VPS hosting in Prometeus is out of stock..I have contacted with prometeus support to know disponibility of the service.

mcindietech
on 4/12/13, 3:20 PM

Heh! They can't keep up with their own success. :-)

Martin
on 4/12/13, 5:22 PM

Hi Martin, thanks for you recommendation about Prometeus. You're right, They have very good VPS solution. I have hired a VPS server, KVM virtualization and its fantastic, all errors are gone, very fast, flexible, and easy to set up, and really good price. Very very good provider. Thanks!

mcindietech
on 4/16/13, 9:17 PM

That pleases me ! Thanks for letting me know.

Martin
on 5/1/13, 10:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/12/13, 9:15 AM
Seen: 2528 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM