Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module not install in new database

on 7/4/16, 7:42 AM 164 views

Hello everyone,

i have one question in my mind what can i do for my module not installable in new database.

Pls give me a some suggestion.

Please describe more your issue, for example: did you see the module in the module list?. is there some error that cause the module to not get installed?, is your custom module?

Axel Mendoza
on 7/4/16, 8:30 AM

I want to my module not installable in new database. what can i do

on 7/5/16, 12:41 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 7/5/16, 1:41 AM

As long as you did not define 'auto-install': True in your __odoo__.py manifest, it will not be installed automatically, but only when you install it explicitely. If you want to make it completely uninstallable, set 'installable': False in your __odoo__.py manifest.

Example of a manifest file:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

'name': 'Sale & Invoice Discount',

'description': 'Manage Discount on Sale Order and Invoice ',

'summary': '',

'category': 'Accounting',

'version': '1.1',

'website': 'https://eg.linkedin.com/in/mostafa-mohammed-449a8786',

'author': 'Eng.Mostafa Mohamed',

'depends': ['base', 'account', 'account_accountant', 'sale'],

'data': ['invoice_discount/invoice_discount_view.xml',

'reports/saleorder_report_edit.xml', ],

'installable': True,

'auto_install': False,

'application': True,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/4/16, 7:42 AM
Seen: 164 times
Last updated: 7/5/16, 1:41 AM