Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module Installation fails in OpenERP 6.1

By
Silviaa
on 10/23/13, 10:50 AM 1,307 views

Im using OpenERP 6.1 with CamptoCamp GeoEngine (Without GeoEngine it get installed).

Trying to install module in 6.1 throws Error:

OpenERP Waring: Geoencoding fails transform: couldn't project point (484548 6.5942e+06 0): latitude or longitude exceeded limits (-14)

In server Error : Trying to update table UPDATE res_partner_address SET geo_point = ST_Transform(st_SetSRID(geo_point, 4326), '900913') WHERE id = 61 Traceback (most recent call last):

File "openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 212, in execute res = self._obj.execute(query, params)

InternalError: transform: couldn't project point (-9.44517e+06 5.40999e+06 0): latitude or longitude exceeded limits (-14)

How do i resolve. what is "We use postgres to do projection in order not to install GDAL dependences" ?

Nicolas Bessi

--Nicolas Bessi--
| 5 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Nicolas Bessi--
Nicolas Bessi
On 10/24/13, 5:01 AM

Hello,

This is strange, but the strace is not sufficient enough to identify the problem. But I suspect default projection of you PostGIS setup is incorrect or one of the coordinate point is Wrong.

Maybe you do not take correct branches as geo-engine is now part of community addons: https://launchpad.net/geospatial-addons

Any way it is more a bug report, so please submit a bug on https://launchpad.net/geospatial-addons

Regards

Nicolas

@Nicolas Bessi, I installed geo_engine module, i want a point based on Latitude and Longtitude, how to do this please guide me.

sridhar
on 6/30/14, 8:31 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/23/13, 10:50 AM
Seen: 1307 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM