Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module for tracking advertisement materials

By
Tomas Parnarauskas
on 7/15/13, 9:17 AM 1,569 views

Hello, maybe anyone have created some module to track advertisement materials. It should track what and how much avertisement materials were given to partner/client. If not, then maybe someone has got an idea what would be best way to make such module (ideas how it should function).

As of now I think I would create a module, that would show in partners view additional page that would be for adverstisement materials. In that page there would be lines to add that would consist of product, salesperson that gave advertisement, quantity, date.

Other ideas would be great to hear.

P.S. I thought to use internal moves functionality, simply just moving good to partners location and assigning specific partner. But where this functionality will be used there won't be stock management.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 7/15/13, 1:03 PM

You could classify the giving of promotional material as a sale with a price of $0 and a cost of what the promotional material cost you. Or $1 if the sale canot be done for $0.

Thanks I think I will do that.

NOD Baltic, UAB, Tomas Parnarauskas
on 7/16/13, 3:30 AM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 7/15/13, 7:53 PM

As above, I don't think you need a new module, just use existing functionality. You could set up codes as either stock items (which means that you see stock moves and can track SOH) or as service items,

You then either sell in the normal way or just create stock moves as required. Assuming 0.00 for cost and sell, you get no accounting entries, but if you wanted to track costs you could do that quite easily.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/15/13, 9:17 AM
Seen: 1569 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM