Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Module base_report_designer and Odoo8

on 10/16/14, 10:30 AM 692 views

Odoo 8 is actually using webkit for generate every report. I just want to know if the module base_report_designer is still working without the rml file in odoo8.

Billiard R Made
On 11/11/14, 1:27 AM

I could not get it to work on Windows 8  64bit.  When I try to edit an exisiting report like Trial Balance I get an error message

Pavel Pavlov
On 12/8/14, 4:13 PM

I could install base_report_designer module in odoo v8, but appears that the zip plugin is not delivered anymore with the v8 version of the plugin. On my old apache open office 3.4, I have the plugin that came with v7. It can connect to the v8 system and get the list of reports, but it fails to open the report I need... Looks like we will have to go for the new approach described in https://github.com/odoo/odoodays-2014/blob/master/v8_reporting_engine/index.rst

I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Pavel

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 10/16/14, 10:30 AM
Seen: 692 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM