Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Modifying Payment Screen Numpad in POS

By
Keenmeng Lew
on 8/31/16, 11:57 PM 284 views

Hi,

I'm using the POS module from Odoo Community v9.  In the payment screen, the numpad has pre-programmed buttons for 10, 20 and 50.  To better reflect local currency,  it would be more appropriate to change the buttons to 100, 500 and 1000.  I have done this by modifying directly the relevant lines in pos.xml file.  However, when Odoo updates the pos.xml file in the future, these changes will be gone.

Is there perhaps a better way of doing this or preventing future updates from reverting to the changes I have made?

Best regards,

KM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/1/16, 11:38 PM

Inherit the standard view and make your changes in the inherited view. This will prevent an update to overwrite your changes. Read about view inheritance in the doc: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/reference/views.html#inheritance

Thanks Fabrice for pointing me in the right direction. I'll definitely acquaint myself with it.

Cheers!

km

Keenmeng Lew
on 9/2/16, 1:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/31/16, 11:57 PM
Seen: 284 times
Last updated: 9/2/16, 1:24 AM