Odoo Help

David Birchmier
On 12/27/14, 8:53 PM

I have answered a few of these questions myself. 

ANSWER TO #3: Modifying the Invoice Header  

In v8 (Presumably because it now uses QWeb Views) you must edit the invoice HEADER via: Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views > external_layout_header

The FOOTER can be edited via: Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views > external_layout_footer

ANSWER TO #4: Multiple Invoice Templates

I created a step-by-step guide with screenshots to help save others time.

Here's the guide to Create Multiple Invoice Templates in Odoo v8:
http://www.askmpa.com/creating-multiple-invoice-templates-in-odoo-v8/

Thank You. Worked perfectly!

Tobias Frankl
on 12/28/14, 4:59 AM

Thank you David!

Dale
on 10/12/15, 1:47 PM

David, your method for multiple report works perfectly. My main worry is this is will not be tied to a module am developing, that is, if i want to do multiple reports on the deployment environment, i will have to follow same process that i did while developing on my local machine. Is there a way to use code such that the template can be automatically loaded so that i can have multiple xml corresponding to multiple report formats? New to odoo, using v9

Fongoh Tayong
on 2/4/16, 8:43 AM
aci aisha
On 1/16/15, 4:36 AM

I have answered a few of these questions myself. 

ANSWER TO #3: Modifying the Invoice Header  

In v8 (Presumably because it now uses QWeb Views) you must edit the invoice HEADER via: Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views > external_layout_header

The FOOTER can be edited via: Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views > external_layout_footer

ANSWER TO #4: Multiple Invoice Templates

I created a step-by-step guide with screenshots to help save others time.

Here's the guide to Create Multiple Invoice Templates in Odoo v8:
http://www.askmpa.com/creating-multiple-invoice-templates-in-odoo-v8/

P.V.Anthony
On 8/28/16, 8:00 AM

Thank you all for sharing the knowledge. The answers above have been very useful and saved much time. More time for the family.

Martin
On 1/15/15, 12:51 PM

Hi David,

thanks for that guide, helped a lot. I followed guide in answer #4 and everything works OK, only problem I have is that I cannot print invoice with new template as PDF. When I print to HTML (popup window), everything is OK, but when I change report type to PDF, invoice is printed using default template no matter what template I selected by Print button. Have you tried to print template created with your guide to PDF, does it work for you?

EDIT: Solved by unchecking Reload from Attachement checkbox in Report settings (first screen of the guide).

Good job Martin - You got it!

David Birchmier
on 1/18/15, 1:20 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

7 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/26/14, 2:32 PM
Seen: 14041 times
Last updated: 6/20/17, 6:28 AM