Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Modify sale order report PDF.

By
PY
on 2/16/15, 10:47 AM 3,840 views

Hi ! I'm using Odoo v8.

When I try to print/send a sale order, my generated PDF is a mess.

Long descriptions overlaps with column titles.

So, I would like to edit the rml file, like back in OpenERP v7.

The problem is, I can't find this file anymore. Some help ?

Erwin van der Ploeg
On 2/16/15, 10:51 AM

In v8 the reports are replaced by Qweb reports. The qweb views you can find by going to settings/technical/reports/reports. Find the report and after that you see a link to the qweb view. This one you can change and the effect is imediatly.

And this qweb view is then used to generate the PDF ?

PY
on 2/16/15, 10:54 AM

Yes

Bas Solutions, Erwin van der Ploeg
on 2/16/15, 10:58 AM

Okay, thanks !

PY
on 2/16/15, 11:04 AM

Felipe

--Felipe--
| 5 3 8
Bogotá, Colombia
--Felipe--
Informatics engineer Industrial engineer
Felipe
On 2/16/15, 10:56 AM

Sale Report is now an QWEB(HTML) report not an RML, you can modify in setting->Actions->Reports, search for 'Quotation' select the sale.order one, there you can:

1. change the report type to HTML, print a quotation/sale, and edit it with the website editor.
  2. click in Search associated QWEB views, select the report_saleorder_document, and edit it.
  3. change it via custom module.

for more info go to the officual documentation:https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/reference/reports.html

Thanks to both Felipe and Erwin !

PY
on 2/16/15, 10:58 AM
Laura
On 12/28/15, 6:30 AM

Hi PY! 

At the final, You have solved the problem? 

becofuan
On 8/12/15, 2:41 AM

For modify PDF. I didn't find exact one for modify PDF reports, but I found a PDF page modify guide: http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-page-modify/ , you can check whether it's helpful to you.

Best regards.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/16/15, 10:47 AM
Seen: 3840 times
Last updated: 12/28/15, 6:32 AM