Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Modify login form v7

By
Victor
on 10/2/13, 1:22 PM 1,554 views

Hello everyone! I have a little question about how I can modify de login form in OpenERP 7.

I modified base.xml and chrome.js files (addons/web/src/xml, addons/web/src/js) in my virtual machine and I see the changes that I did. But when I put the changes into the production version, I don't see the changes that I did into xml but in js file yes. I know that because the functionality is right.

Is it necessary do something special to refresh the visual part?

Thank you very much.

Someone knows what could happen? Thank you.

Victor
on 10/3/13, 12:56 PM
kaynis
On 10/3/13, 2:27 PM

If your production is on the server then you will have to make the same changes to the OpenERP addon folder on your server. Even if you are accessing both from the same computer.

Hope this helps

They are in different computers. I did the changes in my virtual machine that it is in my pc. I put this change in the production server (the same files) and, there, the visual changes don't appear in web-site, you see the old xml. But if you download the base.xml file, there are the changes. I don't know how refresh this xml. I restarted the service but nothing happen... and in virtual machine, the restart worked...

Victor
on 10/7/13, 7:56 AM

Restarting the server does not reload the xml. the server simply reloads the python code. You have to upgrade or reinstall the module to load changes in the xml. Sorry for responding late.

kaynis
on 10/8/13, 4:45 AM

Thank you kaynis for your answer, but in this case, the module that I modified it's web. How can I upgrade this one for seeing the changes in old databases?

Victor
on 10/8/13, 9:39 AM

Reload/reinstall base module

kaynis
on 10/8/13, 9:44 AM

But for doing this, I have to login in some databases, no?

Victor
on 10/8/13, 9:51 AM

yes you have to login

kaynis
on 10/8/13, 10:06 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/2/13, 1:22 PM
Seen: 1554 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM