Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Modifications of a custom module's code are not effective

By
xiaolong97427
on 3/18/13, 5:30 PM 2,467 views

Hi,

Using V7 on Ubuntu. I installed with no pb a module to add a new field: merged_from_porder to the object purchase.order.

Then I wanted to add some more field. So I : 0/ Uninstall the module 1/ Modify my python code adding my new field 2/ Restart OpenServer 3/ Update The module List 4/ Install the module.

All modification done are not considered by the server. It's like he cache the old code somewhere and always use it. I also try the same scenario as before but changing the version from 1.0 to 1.1 as well, but same problem. Also try to change the version and do an update instead of uninstall then install. Same Pb.

What is the procedure to modify an already installed module ?

Regards,

St.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/18/13, 6:28 PM

Are you sure you stopped the server? try typing ps aux | grep openerp to confirm that you really stopped the server.

If you have multiple instances of the server running that would explain why your update did not show up.

I am using to following to restarting : sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server restart and having no error message. I try to stop, delete the /var/run/openerp.pid , then start the server, upgrade my module, but stil no change... it's the old code that is executed. How can the server execute the old code ? There must be some cache somewhere ?

xiaolong97427
on 3/19/13, 6:49 AM

Iexecuted the : "sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server stop" and then "ps aux | grep openerp", My god, so many open process with OpenERP as a user.... I will try to kill all of them, I'll keep update

xiaolong97427
on 3/19/13, 8:48 AM

if this answer helped you please mark it as the solution.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 3/19/13, 11:56 AM

I confirmed, that the command sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server restart sometimes doesn't close the connection... thx for your help.

xiaolong97427
on 3/20/13, 11:40 AM

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 3/18/13, 6:41 PM

Hi,

an other possibility is your stop/start server has not been well done, in this case, stop the server and delete file /var/run/openerp.pid.

Bye

Indeed, the file /var/run/openerp.pid still exist after I stopped the server. I deleted it before starting again. But the new code are not considered. Old code is executed...

xiaolong97427
on 3/19/13, 6:56 AM

IBS

--IBS--
| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco
--IBS--

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

IBS
On 3/19/13, 6:43 AM

Try this:

1. Go to Configuration
  2. Click on Installed Modules
  3. Removed the Installed filter from the search input box
  4. Write there the name of your module
  5. If you get more than one result, just remove all of them ( By clicking on each one and selecting Remove from the main actions drop down menu in the next page ), and re-update the modules list.

Just follow your step, and there is only my module coming out from the list (I named it : merge_rfq)

xiaolong97427
on 3/19/13, 6:58 AM

Can you remove it using the procedure I described and then re-update your modules list? See what happens.

IBS
on 3/19/13, 7:00 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/18/13, 5:30 PM
Seen: 2467 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM