Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Missmatch between account_print_invoice.rml and output of "print invoice" in accounting

By
Oli Kingwell
on 7/2/14, 8:33 AM 784 views

When i try to edit account_print_invoice.sxw in open office, the changes are pushed to the server as required, and other reports such as sales orders edit and show changes perfectly, however no matter what i do to account_print_invoice, the changes do not show.

Is there another file i should be editing? other questions i have seen answered point to this file but the changes are not visible. i have even tried replacing account_print_invoice.sxw with a blank page and it makes no difference to the output.

Thanks

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 7/2/14, 8:48 AM

account_print_invoice.sxw is just a way to edit report.. actual file that does composing the invoice iz account_print_invoice.rml...

After pushing sxw you may experience new layout visible only on newly confirmed invoices (SO's, PO's...)
This is because it is (mostly) not legal to change invoices once printed. So the pdf file is actualy generated only on first Print.
after that the pdf is fetched from ir.attachment ( so you will not see any changes in design until you print out a completly new document )

To override  this default behaviour go to Settings ->Technical -> Actions -> Reports,
Find the report you want to modify ( for example: Invoices) edit : Untick field Reload from attachment, and save.

Now, every time you press Print you will generate new pdf file, and any design changes (pushed as sxw file or done in rml file)
will be visible on next print of document.. 

Do not forget to change it back once you are done with editing design 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/14, 8:33 AM
Seen: 784 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM