Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Missing required value error when Importing Leads

By
Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 10:13 PM 4,553 views

We are importing leads and keep getting this error below - how do we fix it? Missing required value for the field 'name'. This might be 'Subject' in the current model, or a field of the same name in an o2m. at row 2 (1172 more)

Check that all rows in your CSV contain a value for the name field - or the field you are mapping to the name field. It is telling you to look at the second row. Start there.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/5/13, 10:50 PM

We don't have a 'name' field. Here's our data:
Contact,EMailAddress,Company,Title,Phone,Street1,City,State,Country,Zip Claire lname,CToups@xxx.com,Acadian,(985) 493-4618,338 Waverly Rd,Thibodaux,LA,USA,70302

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 10:54 PM

What model are you importing into?

on 4/5/13, 11:02 PM

I am trying to import into 'Leads'

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:03 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 4/5/13, 11:09 PM

Create one of whatever you are importing via the UI - check out all the blue fields - they are all mandatory.

For a Lead, the Subject is a short summary of the lead like 'Wants information on product X'.

You need one field with a value in your CSV for every blue field in the UI of whatever you are importing.

In the case of a Lead, you will see ALL you need is the Subject, everything else is optional.

There is only one field that is blue, Subject. We've tried adding the Subject field to the end of the CSV file entries and put 'blank' in each one, but we get the same error.

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:12 PM

blank is not a value - you need a value in that field - blank won't work.

on 4/5/13, 11:13 PM

We do actually have the characters blank I.e. Contact,EMailAddress,Company,Title,Phone,Street1,City,State,Country,Zip,Subject Claire lname,CToups@xxx.com,Acadian,(985) 493-4618,338 Waverly Rd,Thibodaux,LA,USA,70302,blank

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:14 PM

11 column headings and 10 values...means Subject is blank because Phone and everything after it is moved over one.

on 4/5/13, 11:20 PM

Actually the word Claire is on the wrong line. This forum wraps it -- it 11/11

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:21 PM

Sorry 10/10

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:22 PM

You have no value for Title - it needs to be something like Miss. USA is not the name of a country in OpenERP - you need to have United States. Company will match to the wrong field - you should rename it or manually match it to partner_name. Contact will match to the wrong field - you should rename it contact_name. Street1 will not map to any field so rename it to Street or manually match it to Street. EmailAddress will not map to any field so rename it to Email or manually match it to Email. Reconsider using blank as this will show up in the treeview and form view (in large letters).

on 4/5/13, 11:37 PM

See your sample one line file with these issues resolved at http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g781b6fe685a3057a9992606796c3a0442e8a21cc0

on 4/5/13, 11:41 PM

I have been using the pull down to 'map' it to the correct fields. I.e. Contact is being matched to 'Contact Name' (from the pull down)

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:41 PM

You have no value for Title - if I am taking the time to help you can you take the time to read?

on 4/5/13, 11:42 PM

I am deleting that row - we don't know all of them and since it is not required, we are not going to attempt to import

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:49 PM

sorry that column

Greg Crow
on 4/5/13, 11:52 PM

Unfortunately - that doesn't fix it -- after clean up - i get this: You must configure at least one field to import

Greg Crow
on 4/6/13, 12:05 AM

Sample input (sorry about the \n after Subject on the first line but this forum post does that): contact_name,Email,partner_name,Phone,Street, City,State, Country,Zip,Subject Claire lname,CToups@xxx.com,Acadian,(985) 493-4618,338 Waverly Rd,Thibodaux,LA,United States,70302,blank

Greg Crow
on 4/6/13, 12:07 AM

I was able to import the sample I posted - start with that and look for the differences. I have no other suggestions if you have problems since I was able to get it working with my suggestions.

on 4/6/13, 12:20 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/5/13, 10:13 PM
Seen: 4553 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM