Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Missing federal state

By
Roberto Barreiro
on 10/28/14, 11:44 AM 593 views

Hello, i'm ussing odoo 8, and I have an issue with the addresses of my partners. I have installed the address book addon, and I have introduced the federal states for my parterns (the states correponding to Spain). The problem is that the field federal state is not passed to my sales orders, purcharses orders, and invoices, so the format for the address of my partners appears without federal state. How I can solve this? Thanks

Roberto Barreiro
On 11/4/14, 11:41 AM

After code diving, finally I could find the way to make the federal state appears on the addresses of orders and invoices. At the sales menu, on address book -> localization -> countries, go to your country. It has and address format easy to personalize. Thanks Ludo for your link, after reading about relational-fields and reading the code of modules, I fell into the real question.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/28/14, 12:35 PM

I'm afraid you will need to write that part yourself. But, fortunately, its not that hard actually. The addresses themselves already exist on the documents you mentioned, so using related fields will quickly get your information on the objects.

When you say these addresses and the format, do you also mean the printed versions? Because they might be considerably more work then just the objects themselves.

For a guide on using related fields (assuming you will create them yourselves that is), see the following link:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/howtos/backend.html#relational-fields

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer. I also mean to be printed, so I will try to learn how to do it. I will read the how to for relational fields and then I will try to continue the job for make the printing part working. Thanks!

Roberto Barreiro
on 10/28/14, 2:09 PM

You're welcome. Remember, if you get stuck, just create another issue/question and it is likely to be answered.

Ludo - Neobis
on 10/29/14, 6:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/28/14, 11:44 AM
Seen: 593 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM