Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Missing 'Click through rates' in email module

Patrick Verstraeten
on 11/16/14, 6:55 PM 892 views

From a marketing perspective it is crucial to understand how many people have actually clicked through from an email received through the marketing module. However, you are only offering visibility on 'Reply' numbers. This is just not enough information to properly evaluate effectiveness of en email campaign.

Also, you are not really offering A/B testing capabilty of email distribution if my evaluation is correct.

Can you please clarify what your plans are on both accounts and provide timelines on adding these type of functionalities? Odoo would benefit in a big way from these improvements.

Greg Moss
On 11/16/14, 7:11 PM

I agree these would be great features but I suspect much of the reason they have not been a priority is that tools like Google Analytics can give you a lot of feedback on a given campaign and assist you in tying click through rates to your email campaigns. For example, I use Google Analytics on OdooClass.com to track campaigns and typically get relatively good data just with built in analytics.

If you want to achieve better data and some A/B testing and far more crunching of analytics than Odoo will likely ever provide this link can give you a good start.

I'm with you completely on wanting to see something built in more out of the box but with many things that we would like to see in Odoo CMS (ie version control) at least with email campaigns you have some strong alternative options to do your tracking and Odoo does have reasonable support for Google Analytics.

All the best,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/16/14, 6:55 PM
Seen: 892 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM