Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Miss leading warning messages

By
Jordi Riera
on 10/20/14, 2:07 PM 842 views

We had faced a missleading warning message when we used website_sale in couple with portal.

To reproduce the environment.

• install website_sale and portal
  • create a new user
  • set it as a sale manager
  • add it in the portal group
  • go to sale menu and create a new article
  • set a name (only required field) and save it.

You should have a double error message with a validateError and an AccessError

selection_001

This message let us think we had issue with UoM validation and/or read access to product.template.

After hours, we just discovered the issue came from an access rule set in portal group [('website_published', '=', True), ("sale_ok", "=", True)]

If the same process is done but you hit the published button (in sale page), the product.template is created properly.

We were largely misguided by the warning message and I wanted to share the knowledge to save hours to other developers.

Do you know any other cases the warning message misslead you?

Regards,

Jordi

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/21/14, 3:25 AM

Good find. I have not yet come accross an error message that misleaded me.

Perhaps this can be filed on github as a bug? (github.com/odoo)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/14, 2:07 PM
Seen: 842 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM