Odoo Help

"min_qty" column error preventing importing products

By
Matt Dieball
on 5/30/13, 6:37 PM 1,884 views

We are trying to import our products into the database but we are getting the error:

null value in column "min_qty" violates not-null constraint

We tried making a new column named min_qty, which was not detected. I tried selecting the product_min_qty field from the list, but that doesn't work either. There is no min_qty column to be selected. Is this a problem with the import verification, or is there a setting somewhere that we are missing?

Thanks

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 5/31/13, 7:24 AM

The column name that I have added to my csv file when importing new products from a supplier catalogue is

SUPPLIER / MINIMAL QUANTITY

The minimal quantity was imported as desired

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/31/13, 6:02 AM

Before we can fix the issue, can you tell us how you tried to add a new column? Given your text, I think you used openERP to create a new column 'min_qty' on the table 'product'. If so, the name of the column should be 'x_min_qty', which is forced by openERP when adding it.

Is it possible for you to see which fields are defined within postgreSQL on the table product_product and product_template? For example within webmin (on Linux), or pgadmin (linux and windows).

A better way of adding new fields to a table/model is to use custom modules, and define the fields in the python code.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/13, 6:37 PM
Seen: 1884 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM