This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are trying to import our products into the database but we are getting the error:

null value in column "min_qty" violates not-null constraint

We tried making a new column named min_qty, which was not detected. I tried selecting the product_min_qty field from the list, but that doesn't work either. There is no min_qty column to be selected. Is this a problem with the import verification, or is there a setting somewhere that we are missing?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

The column name that I have added to my csv file when importing new products from a supplier catalogue is

SUPPLIER / MINIMAL QUANTITY

The minimal quantity was imported as desired

Discard
Best Answer

Before we can fix the issue, can you tell us how you tried to add a new column? Given your text, I think you used openERP to create a new column 'min_qty' on the table 'product'. If so, the name of the column should be 'x_min_qty', which is forced by openERP when adding it.

Is it possible for you to see which fields are defined within postgreSQL on the table product_product and product_template? For example within webmin (on Linux), or pgadmin (linux and windows).

A better way of adding new fields to a table/model is to use custom modules, and define the fields in the python code.

Discard