Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Military states module -- help :D

By
Mostafa Mohamed Abdelmonam Abdo
on 2/10/15, 12:17 PM 632 views

Hi there hope you are fine
I need some help please,i have table called students that hold all students in the system and it have all students data .I create a module called military states that when a student in the system gets 19 years old he should be added automatically to  a table called (students military cards requests) and when the student get the card and enter it's number to the system it should be deleted from that table automatically. and change his states in the  (students) table to 'delayed'

I need help to figure out how can the system search students birthdate evey day and check if a student gets 19 years old and add him to another table :D

And what help are you looking for?

Stephen Mack
on 2/10/15, 12:22 PM

Thanks for quick replay Mr. Stephen Mack [1] :) . I go for the link you provided but i still confused.Are there any documentation that could be more clarification ? [1] https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/user/298649

on 2/10/15, 1:05 PM

well development documentation is pretty light. I always search in github.com/odoo/odoo for development examples. When I get some more time I will see what I can find.

Stephen Mack
on 2/10/15, 1:25 PM

i will search too :) thanks for help :D

on 2/10/15, 1:28 PM

Updated my answer with odoo module examples for Daily, Hourly or Minute cron jobs.

Stephen Mack
on 2/10/15, 4:55 PM

thanks for help Mr. Stephen Mack i appreciate that :) i understand cron funct but could you help me here :D https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/automated-action-birthday-19-75996 i will be thankful :D

on 2/10/15, 5:04 PM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 2/10/15, 12:41 PM

Odoo has a built in CRON function that you can use to run a command/function every xx minutes or hours or days or weeks or months or years.... I think you get the idea.

Here is a forum post to get you started.

Also you can look at cron examples in Odoo modules such as: Gamification (1 per Day), Survey (1 per Hour), or Calendar (1 per 30 Minutes).

And you can peruse the Cron Job source code to see how it works.  For example, defined in the source code are the valid intervals.  They include: minutes, hours, days, work_days, weeks and months.  I was wrong that there was an idea of years. 

It also lists the column names that you can use in your .xml file when creating the cron job.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/15, 12:17 PM
Seen: 632 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM