This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, I have implemented openERP7 in 2 servers 1 for testing(QC) and 2nd for production(PROD). Now i need to move database of QC to PROD ,One solution would be using pgadmin and make backup of desired database and in prod restore it and also copy addons folder of qc and replace it with prod addons folder it worked fine.But the other solution which is to backup database through openerp7 GUI in manage databse section it gives an error "ACCESS DENIED" in QC server but it's working fine in PROD server.Like i can backup and restore database thorugh GUI in prod but why it's not working in QC server. Is this is the server problem or something else please help me with this..

Discard

try using another browser that sometimes helps.

Author

Used IE,Fire Fox and Google chrome.still it's same.

Try this which once worked for me. Log everyone out of the database and restart the database. Reload base module and open with Safari then try backing up the database again and restore with Safari. That has worked for me once. I think It is not really a problem just a bug that comes up now and then in the system

Author

Tried it too not working for me :( should i Go for Pgadmin solution backup and restore it from there??

Yes i would say that you do that

Yes i will advise you do that

Author

Thaks Kaynis I have another Problem I think you can help me please have a look at this question I will be very grateful to you :)

Author

http://help.openerp.com/question/34542/moving-desired-changes-from-one-database-to-another-avoiding-complete-migration/

Best Answer

I've noticed the same problem. What I do is just shut down OpenERP on that database so no db users are connected (close down any logged in pgAdmin windows too), then use pg_dump.

pg_dump -C my_database | gzip > my_database.sql.gz

After migrating that file, extract and install in the new database:

gunzip my_database.sql.gz
psql -U openerp -d postgres -f my_database.sql

This creates the new database my_database (due to the -C flag in pg_dump), so if it already exists and you want to replace it, make sure to drop the existing db on the target system first.

Discard
Author

That's what i am doing already through pg admin.