This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I exported res.lang, res.country.state and res.company from 6.1.1.

I started a fresh empty database with 7.0. I installed Sales Management and because of the questions the system asked also Accounting Dutch and the Dutch General Ledger scheme.

Import of res.lang was OK. Import of res.country.state was OK.

Import of res.company gives a validation error. "JPEG decoder not available"

After I set the field with the picture on Don't import. This validation error was gone. But now there where three errors...

• No matching record found for external id '__export__.res_partner_bank_2' in field 'Banks' at row 110 Get all possible values

• No matching record found for external id '__export__.res_partner_4_132' in field 'Customer Payment Term' at row 110 Get all possible values

• No matching record found for external id '__export__.res_partner_bank_3' in field 'Banks' at row 1244 Get all possible values

When I set the 3 fields on Don't import validate is OK and the record was imported. Of course bankinformation is missing.

What do I need to do to solve this?

Discard
Best Answer

You have to make sure that those O2M records, like payment term and bank records already exist before you import the res.company records. Then you have to make sure you put the external-id of the O2M record in the import of res.company. Or you do as you did and fill in these links later in the respective companies. The JPEG error is different. It must have something to do with a Python module processing images/pictures.

Discard
Author

@Hulshof. Thank you. I am almost sure youre answer(s) are the right ones. Getting things done is up to me now. I have to find out how and will report back later about this.

Best Answer

Import of res.company gives a validation error. "JPEG decoder not available"

This error has to do something with PIL (python image library). Please upgrade the PIL version if you are using linux then simply enter

pip install -U PIL or sudo apt-get install -U PIL

even after installing it does not work then please try

sudo apt-get install libjpeg8-dev

I hope this works for JPEG error.

Discard