Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Method to resize Customer / Suppier Logos [Closed]

By
Gary Miller
on 3/8/13, 1:09 AM 2,165 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 06/15/2013 00:16:42

I have been trying to import supplier logos from their web sites. Very few logos are square. Thus they do not properly display.

I sampled a customer logo from the demo data & found it to be 128x128 pixels.

(ANSWER MOVED BELOW)

Gary

Please create an answer to your own question if you have the answer. Do not write in the questions comments. Also, your solution only works with images that have a longer width than length because otherwise you will crop it. The correct approach in Irfanview, instead of setting the width, is to go to batch conversion and set the long side to 128 px in the Advanced dialog.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/8/13, 1:14 AM

Actually I agree with Gary's approach. The purpose of this forum is to provide information - certainly most will be in the form of question & answer, but to require that form is not helpful - where people have found solutions that they think others will use it is helpful for them to share in this type of post.

Solnet Solutions Limited, Kevin McMenamin
on 3/24/13, 10:15 PM

Kevin, no, the purpose of this site is to create a knowledge base of questions and answers. If you create a question to which you have the answer, you should create the question and the answer separately. Otherwise, the question looks like it has not been answered to. Also, it messes with the statistics.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/25/13, 12:49 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/17/13, 12:02 AM

(ANSWER EXTRACTED FROM THE QUESTION)

Thus my working solution is to: - Adjust the logo width to 128-pix - Set the Canvas Size to 128x128 - Save the logo & upload into OpenERP. (my simple free tool is irfanview at irfanview.com)

Poor Solution. Can we do easier? Can Odoo adjust thumbnails automaticaly?

Pascal Tremblay
on 9/27/14, 5:41 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 1:09 AM
Seen: 2165 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM