Odoo Help

[meta] wouldn't it make sense to be obliged to define which odoo/OpenERP version a question relates to?

By
gunnar
on 8/7/14, 8:55 PM 817 views

I think it would ...

But most of your questions don't specify the version! :)

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/7/14, 9:28 PM

so maybe people like me needs to me regulated for the greater good of clarity

gunnar
on 8/7/14, 9:31 PM

if it would be obligatory to define the version prior being able to post a question I am positive 100% of my (and anybody elses) threads would be marked correctly ... proof that this is a good idea, isn't it?

gunnar
on 8/7/14, 9:34 PM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 8/8/14, 4:16 PM

Day after day it seems to me that the forum becomes more and more confused, and this is why, i absolutely agree with you Gunar.

I think it's a correct way for tagging and filtering questions from the beginning, just by guiding and helping the user, to giving to his question a correct context, avoiding,  many fuzzy interpretations, wrong responses ...

Hereafter some global contexts, that can be useful for us in achieving this task:

- The OS (or platform) used = Windows or Linux, or a hosted version (Saas ...)

- The Odoo version: V6.0, V7.0, Trunk

- Is the question related to: An error , a Feature request, Documentation request, ...

-  If it's for an error, is it:  An Odoo Installation Error, A module installation error, A Run time error, ..., is there any message error displayed, ...

- Is the question related to: Odoo Server, Odoo Web, Addons modules, Community modules, ..

- Is it related to: python code, xml code, ....

- etc...

I imagine all the above and more, in a well organized and nested drop-down menus !!!

This also can help in building An Advanced search Filter ...

A good idea would be to separte the forum in at least 3 sections: v6, v7 and v8. I think it would be more organized and clean, so the users can find answers according what they are look for.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/7/14, 8:55 PM
Seen: 817 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM