Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[meta] wouldn't it make sense to be obliged to define which odoo/OpenERP version a question relates to?

on 8/7/14, 8:55 PM 698 views

I think it would ...

But most of your questions don't specify the version! :)

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/7/14, 9:28 PM

so maybe people like me needs to me regulated for the greater good of clarity

on 8/7/14, 9:31 PM

if it would be obligatory to define the version prior being able to post a question I am positive 100% of my (and anybody elses) threads would be marked correctly ... proof that this is a good idea, isn't it?

on 8/7/14, 9:34 PM

A good idea would be to separte the forum in at least 3 sections: v6, v7 and v8. I think it would be more organized and clean, so the users can find answers according what they are look for.

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 8/8/14, 4:16 PM

Day after day it seems to me that the forum becomes more and more confused, and this is why, i absolutely agree with you Gunar.

I think it's a correct way for tagging and filtering questions from the beginning, just by guiding and helping the user, to giving to his question a correct context, avoiding,  many fuzzy interpretations, wrong responses ...

Hereafter some global contexts, that can be useful for us in achieving this task:

- The OS (or platform) used = Windows or Linux, or a hosted version (Saas ...)

- The Odoo version: V6.0, V7.0, Trunk

- Is the question related to: An error , a Feature request, Documentation request, ...

-  If it's for an error, is it:  An Odoo Installation Error, A module installation error, A Run time error, ..., is there any message error displayed, ...

- Is the question related to: Odoo Server, Odoo Web, Addons modules, Community modules, ..

- Is it related to: python code, xml code, ....

- etc...

I imagine all the above and more, in a well organized and nested drop-down menus !!!

This also can help in building An Advanced search Filter ...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/7/14, 8:55 PM
Seen: 698 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM