Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I counted today 21 February 2013 a total of 633 questions of which 134 received no answers. I find this an amazing good result. I want to thank the site administrators, moderators and community for this!
I wonder what is the best thing to do with the questions that received no answers in a period of let us say 1 month.
I think about the following possibilities:
- If the question received no answers and also no votes I think the question owner best can delete the question and if it is still an issue for him / her ask the question again with a better formulation of it. If so has this consequences for his / her Karma? I assume no consequences.
- If the question received no answers but has received votes I think it needs attention of a moderator.
On StackExchange Q/A sites this scenario has been questioned and answered on many ways. I don't believe deleting the questions should be the solution. Maybe in a near future some other new user know the answer to that question. Or, keep reading below the following links.
- How do I get attention for old, unanswered questions?
- How to get your questions answered?
- OK, Now Define âAnsweredâ
And quoting one of the more accepted answers on this situation:
You can "bump" your thread by editing the question to provide status and progress updates resulting from your own continued efforts to answer the question yourself. I usually do that unless I really hit a dead end with no further clues to follow. Some times I eventually bring about enough understanding to realise the answer, and thus post a resolution to my own problem.
Other propossal is to add a "bounty" to the best answer. But I don't know if AskBot has this option. If available, here is another way:
If you have at least 75 rep points, you can offer a bounty, promising to give some of your points to the person who correctly answers your question.
Questions without answers or votes are just questions without answers or votes: it doesn't imply that they are bad questions, requiring moderator's attention (even if, practically, it might be the case quite often).
SE has a great system to bring that kind of question to the community's attention: bounties. Unfortunately Askbot doesn't feature it. Therefore, when facing a question with no vote and no answer, your weapon of choice would be... common sense.
- Does the question fit our Q&A scope ? If it doesn't, close it, else
- Is the question intelligible ? If it's not, edit it or ask for more information in the comments, else
- Do you have the answer to the question ? If you do, answer it, else
- Upvote the question, or perhaps share it over the Web (it fits our scope, it's intelligible but you don't have the answer: it probably worths it)
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/21/13, 6:07 AM|
|Seen: 2751 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|