Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[META] OpenERP Community Book project (Tutorials )

on 6/15/13, 9:05 AM 1,304 views

I have an Idea to write a book explain the development of OpenERP by example and open source code

we open new blog and each one write tutorial about that

as you know the documentation not explain every thing in details

what you say about that and who ready to writ such document . (This documentation intend to be best than training course )

good idea !!

on 6/15/13, 9:08 AM

@Borni DHIFI OK Are you ready to support , and how to start I suggest first to put list of topics in this book and the objectives

on 6/15/13, 9:17 AM

So you must know the number of participants. then we can get in touch to put list of topics in this book.I SUGGEST also translated into French.

on 6/15/13, 9:52 AM

Would it be technical or business oriented?

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 6/15/13, 10:16 AM

@Ad Libitom it is a technical book with examples and opensource code (as Tutorials)

on 6/15/13, 11:29 AM

That's a great idea, but support and consistency is key to the success of the blog. There are quite a few blogs and/or youtube channel out there doing this but they all stop short of really putting together something useful in the long run. Most blog I see out there looks to me that they got started out a being stuck on a particular issue, then they find the solution and post a few entries, then nothing. If we band together to truly publish real world example and/or scenarios, howtos and in depth documentation of the more subtle features of openerp, it will be a success.

Ralph LAvaud
on 6/15/13, 4:04 PM
Imre Van den berge
On 3/31/14, 12:02 PM

We actually started such an initiative some days ago. Please have a look at our website OERPtuts at www.oerptuts.com or www.oerptuts.com/articles/news/launch-time/ for some extra information about OERPtuts. Some features:

• Officially launched at March 28, 2014
  • Step-by-step and tutorial based
  • English platform
  • Targets towards OpenERP end users
  • The website should support OpenERP and it's partners... not become a competitor!

Any feedback, contribution or collaboration is more than welcome...

Best regards,

Imre Van den berge

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/15/13, 9:05 AM
Seen: 1304 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM