Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[meta] Non english languages

By
Daniel Reis
on 2/19/13, 6:39 AM 1,071 views

The FAQ does not state that only english questions are allowed. I think that OpenERP previously stated elsewhere that only english should be used.

Should the FAQ be updated with this?

And what if a good question is posted, and someone is willing to edit it and add a translation? Should this be allowed? The original non-english text should be kept?

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp

--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--
| 6 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--

Guewen works at Camptocamp as an Odoo developer since 2010. He is the lead developer of the Odoo Connector framework and the Magento Connector. He is a delegate member of the OCA, a committer and an active contributor to the OCA projects.

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp
On 2/19/13, 6:43 AM

There is no explicit statement saying that non-english questions are not allowed but the FAQ says:

if you want to start a discussion about a specific issue or if you want to ask questions in other languages than english, please check our OpenERP Google+ Communities: en,es,fr,de,zn

=> It suggests that only english questions are allowed.

You're right. I expected to read about it in the "What kinds of questions can I ask here?" section, that's why I missed it.

Daniel Reis
on 2/19/13, 6:46 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/19/13, 6:39 AM
Seen: 1071 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM