Antonin Bourguignon (abo)

--Antonin Bourguignon (abo)--

| 0 0 0
--Antonin Bourguignon (abo)--
Murder simulators enthusiast. http://gaming.stackexchange.com/users/15726/anto
Antonin Bourguignon (abo)
2/18/13, 10:29 AM

There are two parts to this question.

The fact that downvoting a question makes you losing karma (unlike SE networks) looks more like a (lack of) feature of Askbot than a real bug. I couldn't find any way to change this behavior in the config panel: there's only an option for "downvoting", not for "downvoting a question".

Loss for giving a downvote | Default value: -2

On the other hand, the regain of 1 point only doesn't seem logical at all and is more likely a bug. Askbot's bugs can be reported upstream: http://askbot.org/en/questions/ I'll add that any user who feels like can make a "report".

Update: There is a setting for the karma restore after canceling a downvote, but interestingly enough it's not the opposite of the karma loss by default:

Gain for voter on canceling downvote | Default value: 1

We've just changed the settings to mimic SE as much as possible, though there's no separate setting for downvoting an answer vs a question:

Loss for giving a downvote: -1
Gain for voter on canceling downvote: 1
Loss for owner of post that was downvoted: -2
Gain for post owner on canceled downvote: 2

2 Comments
Yaroslav Spain
2/18/13, 10:35 AM

I'm ok with loosing some rep points if it helps pointing out a bad or incorrect question. The regain of the rep points is what has the bug indeed as it should give back the 2 points and not just 1.

Yaroslav Spain
2/19/13, 10:42 AM

Good to see that questions are followed up...will test right away ;) Yes, worked like charm, perfect. Self answered on AskBot forum to reflect your findings.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
0 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now