How do I bring something which is not offensive to the attention of the moderators? For example a post with no question, or a misleading title.
Edit - Not necessarily something which warrants the closing of the thread or a negative vote.
Keep in mind that everyone can be more or less a moderator: the more you earn Karma, the more you gain grants (for example, with 75 karma, you gain the grant to edit wiki questions and answers).
I'm a bit annoyed by the term 'moderated' in this regard, the edits of the questions / answers are a way to correct or to improve them. You should compare this place with a wiki rather than a forum in this respect.
According to the level of offensiveness and comprehensiveness of a question, and the grants you earned, you can:
- Downvote (a question with a negative vote will brings attention) (currently: 10 karma)
- Edit the question to improve it (it implies that the question is sufficiently comprehensible and could potentially be interesting) (currently: 75 karma)
- Flag offensive (currently: 100 karma) (note that users with 300 karma can see the questions with an offensive flag)
- Close the question (currently: 900 karma)
- Delete the question (currently: 1000 karma)
Beside that, few users (moderators) have all these rights even if they do not have the required karma.
I think that if you just want to raise attention on a non-offensive question, but which needs, for example, a better title you should:
- If you have less than 75 karma: add a comment on the question with your edit proposition.
- As soon as you earned 75 karma, you can edit yourself the question to improve the title.
- In all cases, add a comment referring to the FAQ :-)
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/13/13, 12:08 PM|
|Seen: 829 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|