Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[meta] how can I make comments working?

By
gunnar
on 5/24/14, 9:22 PM 726 views

hi

I can't comment since the new help forum is in place. After hitting 'post' the comment just disappears. When trying use "convert to a comment" from an answer I put, the answer disappears, and no comment appears instead.

I thought it much be a bug in the help site and would disppear after a while but I see other people's comments all over, so ... no idea what the problem might be. Am I on a 'blacklist'? I am using iceweasel/firefox and chromium browsers. Both show same results. 

Comment @Fabien: how do you "do a pull request on Odoo Master"? Are you aware that our problem is not related to Odoo, but to this forum here and the fact we can not use the comment function?

@ Fabrice: if the forum IS Odoo it must be YOUR Odoo and I am a customer. So, how do I execute the operation Fabien has suggested on YOUR system?

@Eva: do you understand what Fabrice and Fabienne are suggesting? If 'yes', please don't hesitate to explain it to me

This forum IS Odoo.
Fabien suggests that, considering this is a bug, you can either fix it yourself and make a pull request in our github repo. Or wait that we fix this bug ourselves.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 5/25/14, 9:46 PM

Amazing. Comments are working!

René Schuster
on 5/26/14, 5:55 AM

In the waiting time, we will use the answer function to discuss every thing in this forum?

Fanha Giang
on 6/19/14, 8:36 AM

Denis Ledoux (dle)

--Denis Ledoux (dle)--
| 5 5 7
Ramillies, Belgium
--Denis Ledoux (dle)--

Denis Ledoux (dle)
On 5/26/14, 5:58 AM

I just corrected this issue and you can now post comments in the forum as expected.

great, thanks

gunnar
on 5/26/14, 7:35 AM

Thanks! Could you also give a look at [this](https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/question/META-Problems-with-Convert-to-answer-and-deleting-answers-54669) please?

Leonardo Donelli
on 6/19/14, 8:52 AM

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 5/25/14, 1:02 PM

The fast way: You can do a pull request on Odoo master

The fast but a bit less: you wait that we do it

Eva Pinter
On 5/25/14, 12:40 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Cannot comment or the comment disappears.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/24/14, 9:22 PM
Seen: 726 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM