This question has been flagged
1 Reply

The result is that users asking idiotic questions like

WHAT IS OPENERP?????"

can install openerp my toaster!!?

PLEASE HELP!!!

have hundreds or even almost a thousand of karma, all obtained thanks to downvotes to their questions.

To understand how bad this is (if not obvious), you should also realize that at 300 you can edit any post, at 500 you can accept any answer, at 1000 karma you can edit/delete basically everything.

EDIT: turns out there are more problems with downvotes:

• What happens for questions also happens for answers (downvote answer -> +50 karma for user who answered)
  • Problems with answers vote count sign: e.g. I downvoted Juan Miguel's answer to this question and the vote count went from +2 to -3 (sorry!) (he still got a net result of +50 karma)

EDIT 2: I installed the latest master version from github locally, and downvotes seem to work normally. I think that the bug was fixed 4 days ago with this commit.

EDIT 3: The bug seems to be partially solved.

Discard

Windows can't live without a virus, OpenERP / Odoo can't live without a bugs. :)

Well spotted Leonardo. Did you already find the corresponding code? If so, you could do a bugfix. Send me an email and I will mail you the person to send these kind of bugs to.

You just won a downvote from me then

Author

@Ludo I still haven't looket at the code, didn't have the time today. @Ahmet I'd prefer an upvote or nothing :) No need to create bogus downvotes and they will probably fix this soon.

I just warned the developer that develops the forum application. He will work on it on monday. If someone is faster, you can still propose a pull request on the website_forum module.

Author

@Fabien: I've looked at the code and it seems like the bug was already fixed 4 days ago, see my second edit. It's just a matter of updating the saas version I guess, and possibly recalculate user karma based on votes: given that user karma is stored in an integer field in res_users, the bugfix won't reset correct user karma for past downvoted questions and answers.

I was really wondering is this was already fixed on this forum? Currently there are a couple of 1-sentence spammers and there have enough karma now to basically delete the entire board.

Author

@Ludo: I tried yesterday and it still wasn't fixed. The code was fixed on master and 8.0 9 days ago though.

Best Answer

Spammers win https://www.odoo.com/forum/Help-1/user/338691

Discard

I agree with you. Spammers are increasing.