This question has been flagged
1 Reply

The convert to comment function to convert an answer to a comment gives a 502 Bad Gateway error. This function would be very useful for moderators as people tend to write an answer for their thanks or remarks on answers. Can someone have a look on that please?

(sorry, this is not a real question, but I don't know where to report that).

Discard

"(sorry, this is not a real question, but I don't know where to report that)." That's why a meta site is needed, see my No faqs, no Meta question

Author

Yep, I already up-voted your post ;-)

Weird, it's working fine here...

Author

It works on some questions (e.g. I could convert a comment to an answer and the reverse here), but not on all posts. For instance, I can't convert this answer to a comment.

Similar issue here, but with message "502 Bad Gateway".

I think it doesn't work when the item you're trying to convert contains rich style or is too long.

Author

Your comment about the size of the message is relevant as they are limited to 300 chars.

Best Answer

It seems like it depends on the size of the answer. If the answer has more than 500 characters, it can not be converted to a comment.

We plan to fix this (and a few other Askbot bugs), but our developer is working on others/higher priorities right now. So, we do not have a deadline to propose yet.

Discard