Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[META] Change my email in openerp community?

By
omar bajunaid
on 4/30/13, 10:06 AM 1,458 views

I want to change my ID (email) in this community but it will not allow me. I want to carry all my activities with me. Opening a new id is like starting from scratch. Is there anyway i can carry all my activities to the new id in case i create one?

{ 2013/07/02 M. Bramwell : It would be very nice if a forum administrator would step with some statement of policy about this. }

It seems openerp does not have a forum administrator. I am disappointed because I have many issues that I follow under this id and it will be a great loss if I cannot move all that to my new id.

Omar, what do you want to change it for? (hint: do you just want to remove the dash?). Do you also realize that the email you use here is the one of your openerp.com account that you use on any OpenERP Online instance you might have? (And I see you have several different accounts).

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 10/30/13, 12:30 AM

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 4/30/13, 10:11 AM

The only things the profile editor prohibits altering are your display name and email address.

Have you tried editing your profile?

i want to change my email address. that is the id.

omar bajunaid
on 4/30/13, 10:12 AM

A system administrator would have to do that for you, if it is even possible.

Martin
on 4/30/13, 10:37 AM

maybe a system administrator should post a comment or answer!!!

omar bajunaid
on 5/1/13, 10:39 AM

System Administrator!!! Anyone???

omar bajunaid
on 7/2/13, 9:14 AM

I do not mind re-registering if that is what it entails as long as i can move all the activities (mine) to the new id.

omar bajunaid
on 7/2/13, 9:16 AM

@omar : I have edited your original question in order to bump it to the top of the stack of questions. Adding comments to answers does not do that.

Martin
on 7/2/13, 9:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/30/13, 10:06 AM
Seen: 1458 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM