Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[meta] Add to the FAQ explanation on why to accept answers

By
Yaroslav
on 2/14/13, 7:23 AM 1,314 views

The FAQ does no have a section explaining how to accept an answer and why this is helpful for the community.

Accepting answers is important for others to know that the question was correctly answered. It will add karma to the user that answered and it's your way to say "thank you".

Here is a link to an StackOverflow answer that can be helpful defining the information that could be added to the FAQ and why accepting an answer is helpful.

I'm also surprised by the low acceptance rate... But I'm not sure that a FAQ update will be enough to solve the problem :(

Antonin Bourguignon (abo)
on 2/14/13, 11:32 AM

Yes. you are right, but is a start. Also reminding new users to do so, upvoting useful questions and answers, everything adds up.

Yaroslav
on 2/14/13, 11:46 AM

Agreed, never said the opposite ;)

Antonin Bourguignon (abo)
on 2/14/13, 11:47 AM

Is there a karma level that permits others to accept answers and close questions? I think after a reasonable amount of time with no comments or additional answers, this would be acceptable to the community.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/12/13, 8:32 PM

Sometimes on Stackoverflow an answer can be upvoted the most, though a different answer gets accepted. So 'accepted' means roughly 'this worked for me'. Maybe 'accepted' is moot.

Rick Leir
on 8/2/13, 2:34 PM

I think this site captures a different regular user than that of Stack Exchange. Many of the questions here are posed by users who come once for a problem and then never return. Also, these are end users who are possibly unfamiliar with the way Stack Exchange works.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/17/13, 2:10 AM

Also, as much as you may wish to change the accepting/upvoting practices here, the same lack of courtesy exists when upvoting questions. This one happens to have a few upvotes, but mostly people aren't upvoting the questions here either.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/17/13, 2:21 AM

prolly the answers where not useful. One can not just accept one answer if all are wrong.

Christian Eichert
on 2/2/14, 5:13 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/14/13, 7:23 AM
Seen: 1314 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM