Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[META] About closed questions [Closed]

By
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 4/13/13, 8:27 AM 932 views

The Question has been closed

by
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 04/18/2013 04:46:55

I saw there are some questions which are closed because they are either duplicate or not a real one. So what are the other parameters/rules to close the question?

What does closed question mean? If question is closed, can anyone vote or answer for it?

priyankahdp
on 10/23/13, 9:03 AM
Lorenzo Cabrini
On 4/14/13, 9:00 PM

This is just MPO but I think that yes, you should be able to both answer and vote for closed questions. The reason is simple, occasionally questions are closed by people who are a little bit too trigger happy. There are questions that may seem duplicates but which are not.

By upvoting a closed question (at least if you have verified that it is, indeed NOT a duplicate), you are indicating that you find the question relevant and deserving of attention. The same goes for answers. If you find the question to be unique and valid, go ahead and answer. At the end of the day, what really matters is that the collective wisdom of the community increases. If it does by upvoting and/or downvoting a good, relevant question, go right ahead.

I should maybe clarify that I did not mean that people were too trigger happy on this particular forum. But there are a few other sites that have software that behaves in a similar way that have a few users who close anything related to a topic such as XFCE is "duplicate" as if there is only one single question that could possibly exist relating to XFCE.

Lorenzo Cabrini
on 4/14/13, 9:04 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/13/13, 8:27 AM
Seen: 932 times
Last updated: 12/16/15, 5:02 AM