Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Messaging Archives Warning: Access Denied

on 5/6/13, 6:21 AM 3,997 views

In openerp V7, I have one user who receives the following message when accessing the Messaging Archives:

OpenERP Warning: Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Message, Operation: read)

Any idea where I could fix this?

Same story here - it has influence only on one user in my installation, which has same access rights like many other users, which does not have this problem.

Mariusz Mizgier
on 9/30/13, 8:04 AM

Same story!

Dobtor SI Co., Ltd., Andy Cheng
on 9/30/13, 2:44 PM

How to fix this problem?

on 3/2/14, 3:29 PM

I'm facing same error. When I click F5, and click on the button that sends the email, then it works, but following normal workflow it does not.

Pau Ubach
on 10/24/14, 4:08 AM
Timo Talvitie
On 3/18/15, 3:40 AM

I've encountered this once, in that case the user who encountered the error was a follower of a Sale Order that had since been deleted. Finding and deleting the problematic message with Administrator user fixed this. But obviously this only gets rid of the error message and doesn't cure the original problem.

Anand Patel
On 9/16/14, 4:47 AM

Facing same issue (Document type: Message, Operation: read).

Adam Dylewski
On 12/10/13, 8:40 AM

The user has in archive messages related with deleted users form DB. Please check messages in users archive and remove relations to deleted users accounts.

Mariusz Mizgier
On 11/29/13, 5:45 AM

That becomes a huge issue right now - randomly it occurs for different users, stays for a week or so and then goes off. No changes are made to mail module between this, no updates as well.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Asked: 5/6/13, 6:21 AM
Seen: 3997 times
Last updated: 4/23/15, 12:16 PM