I have 2 examples of message changes not appearing in PDF reports.
- When I change the name of a payment term, and the "description on invoice" field, the changes do not appear on the invoice.
- Overdue Payments Message. Again, I have changed this, but the old text keeps appearing on the Overdue Payments letter.
Is this some sort of caching issue. I was not aware of a caching mechanism in OpenERP. If not, any other ideas, or is this a bug?
Solved. It was an issue with translations. I did not realise that OpenERP stored different versions of messages for each language you are using. I am using French and English, I use the English as a user interface language, but generated invoices for French customers, so I was editing the english version not realising that the forms took the data from the french version, if a customer was tagged as French.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/11/13, 9:10 AM|
|Seen: 1315 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|