Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

menu missing several apps

By
odimegwu david
on 7/16/13, 9:03 AM 1,246 views

I installed several default apps using the admin username. On creating a new user and giving him administrator settings, I discovered that on the menu only the Sales, Messaging and Human Resources apps are showing. How do I configure other apps, like purchasing, to appear for this user ?

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 7/16/13, 11:10 AM

You have to go into the user's profile and enable each thing you want to user to be able to view.

As administrator go to Settings > (click user name) > access rights tab > edit at the top > and then check the boxes for the user.

acting on your instruction ASAP

odimegwu david
on 7/17/13, 6:29 AM

I have tried. the process is so complex and I cannot even understand what I am doing. any online reference for help? I think i will grow to love openerp but for now, this is a big obstacle.

odimegwu david
on 7/17/13, 1:32 PM

By the way, I want to add: Do i have to install app afresh each time I create a new database?

odimegwu david
on 7/17/13, 1:33 PM

Each database stands on its own, they do not communicate with eachother. you will have to install each app in each database you want to use.

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
on 7/17/13, 4:12 PM

thanks. i'll have that in my ram.

odimegwu david
on 7/18/13, 6:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/13, 9:03 AM
Seen: 1246 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM