Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have a strange issue and I hope someone can help me. :)
We're using Odoo 8 (self hosted) and tried to alter two menu items' german translations, because the original translations are a little misleading. After logging out and logging back in as admin, both menu items show up with their new name.
However: one of the menu items is now only visible to the admin user and normal user are no longer able to see that menu item. Even if I set their language to "english" they won't be able to see the item? I've tried in three different databases, with different translations, it's always the same item that has the problem.
Here's what I did:
1) I renamed the menu item "Warehouse \ Schedulers \ Compute Stock Minimum Rules Only"
- old german translation: Errechne Meldebestand
- my new german translation: Bestellvorschlag erstellen
(this item is no longer visible to "standard users", only to admin)
2) I renamed the menu item "Warehouse \ Schedulers \ Run Schedulers"
- old german translation: Beschaffung starten
- my new german translation: !!! Alle MRP Prozesse ausführen !!!
(this item still shows in all users' menus)
The problem persists, even if I change the menu items back to their initial translation.
Any help and/or ideas is appreciated. :) Thank you very much, warm regards
Thank you Shivam, that did the trick!
Not sure why only one of the menut items was affected, but I solved it. If anyone else runs into this, here's how::
- settings -> Users / groups
- open group "warehouse / manager" (hit "edit")
- switch to tab "menus"
- "add an item"
- search "menu" column for the menu items new name and add it to the list
- save the changes: done.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/7/15, 3:37 PM|
|Seen: 865 times|
|Last updated: 12/8/15, 5:28 AM|