Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Menu Icon in ODOO 8

on 10/10/15, 5:53 AM 707 views

Is this possible to set icon for every menus? In ODOO 8.

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 10/18/15, 5:35 AM

Yes it could be done, this are the needed steps:

1- Inherit from ir.ui.menu to change the method load_menus to add the data for the field function field web_icon_data and add to the result dict of the method

2- Inherit the templates: 'web.menu_secondary_submenu' and 'web.menu_link' to add the menu icon elements using the icon data from the step 1

3- Add the necessary web_icon fields to all the menu that you need

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 10/10/15, 5:53 AM
Seen: 707 times
Last updated: 10/18/15, 6:14 AM