Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Memory shared by all OpenERP thread

By
Aurélien DUMAINE
on 8/24/13, 12:07 PM 595 views

Hi,

I need to store some values during very short time(in order to sync several clients) and I would like it dosen't appear in the database. I thought osv_memory did that but after testing, instances are recorded in the database.

How can I store some list or dictionary in a memory area shared by all the OpenERP threads ?

Thanks.

osv_memory objects are written into the database but also get pruned regularly. My only guess would be to utilize context for something like that. Hard to say when I don't know why you need it shared between threads though.

Brett Lehrer
on 8/24/13, 7:00 PM

Thanks. My purpose is to synchronize several third party clients. So if it's not shared between all the threads, one client may use the thread1 to push and another client would pull from thread2... and it would be unsynchronised...

Aurélien DUMAINE
on 8/24/13, 8:29 PM

Would it make more sense for the third party clients to interact with the database? Just a thought, I'm not sure how I'd handle a situation like that.

Brett Lehrer
on 8/28/13, 3:45 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/13, 12:07 PM
Seen: 595 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM