This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are using Postgresql for Openerp. What is the total size of postgresql for openerp?

I meant, i have lots of files. I want to attach these files in my knowledge module in openerp, the size of the files more than 1gb.

So i want to know the maximum size in Postgresql database.

I have too many files with each having size less than 250MB. I am going to upload this as attachment (binary) format. But I have two worries now. 1. Is this going create any performance issue? Can I do some thing to scale up the database to perform seamless? 2. Is this going to create any issue regarding space availability? Is harddisk size the limit of postgre sql?

Discard

You can use those attachments, it will not be a problem.

Author

Hi Thanks for the comment. But I want to reframe my question. Please check it

@Remya: as the database size increases it will create performance issues, if your db is in a remote server. But if you are using it in a local machine it will not be a problem.

Author

@Gopakumar : Can you suggest any Solution?

@Remya: I don't know remya.

Author

Ok. Thanks Gopakumar for your support

Best Answer

Hello,

I suggest you to store files into a folder instead of DB if you have a lot .

See here : https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/529

Regards

Discard
Author

If i prefer to store files in database, then will it be any problem?

Author

Hi Thanks for the answer. But I want to reframe my question. Please check it

Best Answer

Maybe this helps - Limit Value Maximum Database Size - Unlimited Maximum Table Size 32 TB Maximum Row Size 1.6 TB Maximum Field Size 1 GB Maximum Rows per Table Unlimited Maximum Columns per Table 250 - 1600 depending on column types Maximum Indexes per Table Unlimited

Discard