Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Master website_version licence question

Nicolas PETIT
on 8/3/16, 10:53 AM 233 views

I would like to know if the website_version module on the master branch is really under the GPL3 licence.

The module is downloadable on this page, which indicates that it's under GPL3.

Inside the files there is no licencing indication.

While I could assume the code is under GPL3 given those informations, I know that previous versions of the module have been under OPL (Odoo proprietary licence).

As such, I want to be 100% sure it's not an error and I can use the code however the GPL3 licence allows.

Nicolas PETIT
On 8/4/16, 7:08 AM

Following this discussion on the community mailing list, the answer was that the downloadable module is under AGPL3 and is actually a non-finished version of the module.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 8/3/16, 10:53 AM
Seen: 233 times
Last updated: 8/4/16, 7:08 AM