This question has been flagged
1 Reply

E-mails send from mass mailing have a unsubscribe link and use trackingpixel to see how many times a mail is opened. The URL from unsubscribe and trackingpixel contains the databasename. But with a server with multiple databases the unsubscribe and tracking URL ain't working and gives a 404 error.

It works when there is only one database, but how to deal with multiple databases?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mario,

This issue has been around for ages in Odoo and sadly they haven't fixed this yet. I have a topic about this here.The only way to get this working in a multi-db environment is to use a db-filter. You'll have to run your Odoo service with the db-filter, something along these lines:

openerp-server --db-filter='^%d'

Yenthe

Discard
Author

Hi Tenthe, When I use your fix for mass_mailing and add report.url parameter, it should work for a multi-db environment? Mario

A lot will work but not everything Mario. Have a look at this Github issue: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/3289 and at the docs: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/8.0/setup/deploy.html you should use the db-filter to be absolutely sure and to do it following the rules.

Author

With html_widget_embedded_picture images are base64 embedded in the mail. If unsubscibe and tracking are working with your fix, it's good enough for me.

Author

Yenthe, I've tested your patch and the unsubscribe link (status OK) and tracking seems to work.

Ahh perfect. Then those patches will do the job! Best of luck.

Author

Yenthe, Unscubscibe link says ok, but the Opt-Out is not true?

@Mario I'm afraid I haven't ever used/needed the opt-out so I'm not sure what your problem is. What exactly is the problem?

Author

@Yenthe When clicking on the unsubscribe link, the Odoo site says OK. But when I check the e-mailaddress in the mailinglist, opt-out is not marked.

@Mario I wasn't even aware that it should happen actually. Perhaps you should update your codebase to the newest version and see if it is fixed there? Otherwise you'll need to find the correct method and fix it I guess.

Author

@Yenthe, the newest codebase isn't fixed with unsubscribe and multidb, you get an 404 error. That's why I use your fix.