This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

Version 10, no updated documentation yet so... and no real and serious documentation I could find.

I had to guess my way on how to do things since all videos and doc are too basic. I installed Odoo on a Centos 7 box.

Rebooting the server always involve some plumbing BUT it works.

Now  I did a test mailing list of 4, the app can send e-mail and receive, when I create the Mass Mailing it goes into the Queue mode and then nothing never happens . No hints, no logs, no error, nothing and nothing on the web (for that version)

Is there anyone really using Odoo in real life?

Regards,

Discard

Yes

Odoo uses Odoo and send several thousand of email...;)

Havé you checked the cron ? It is running ?

Best Answer

Mass mails are sent through Email Queue Manager cron job. Have you checked the cron job running interval? You can run it manually or decrease the interval between two runs.

Discard
Best Answer

Version 16 now and still not working any better. All I am yearning for is proper Mailchimp integration, which is against Odoo's promise of being an all-in-one solution, and not available for the online edition. Without a custom mail server only 200 emails can be sent per day - if you send e.g. a newsletter to 1000 people, for the next 5 days the queue will be clogged and no transactional messages will go out from Odoo - and this without any warning!

With a custom Mail server, MailJet for example, like Odoo recommends here

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/administration/maintain/mailjet_api.html#mailjet-api

also transactional mails get sent through the less trusted mass mailing server, even though in settings that server is only set for mass mails. Again, without warning. Also there is no explanation in the link above as how to verify the sender addresses (where do the confirmation messages end up??).

Discard

You need to use 2 mails servers, in the documentation it is binary you can use 1 mail server or many.

also it can do anything you just need a technician this is ERP, the cost is moved to the deployment and maintenance.

Author Best Answer

Hi,

I just cannot guess anymore how to send meaningful e-mail campaign, I have reach all combinations and permutations of menus available and still no docs and nothing works well enough. All help searchable is for older versions where everything mentionned has disapeared of been replaced, but no way to guess anymore.

My last guess today before moving to something else.

I tried suiteCRM, same problem no docs and no help.
I have openEMM or agnitas that has something worth to try next.

To bad, odoo looked clean...but its not ready yet for my needs.

Good luck all.

Discard