Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Mass Mailing is broken in v7?

v8 v7
By
David Spitzer
on 7/20/14, 2:20 PM 637 views

There's a duplicate question (https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/mass-mailing-howto-v7-5825) but no one seems to answer there anymore.

Mass Mailing in v7 sends mail only to the followers of selected partners, not to the partners themselves. According to Fabien Pinckaers (fp) this was solved more than a year ago but it actually never was. Looking at the source code of the current trunk (v8) it was fixed but never for v7. Can we expect a fix or will this only be available in v8?

This seems an important point to verify.

Hertford Developments Limited, Kurt Haselwimmer
on 7/20/14, 3:50 PM

Have you checked the v7 saas branches. It may have been fixed in a one of those branches and not in 7.0.

Stephen Mack
on 7/20/14, 6:38 PM

There seem to have been changes related to mass mailing in saas-5 branch. Is that v7? I couldn't find any information on those branches online.

David Spitzer
on 7/21/14, 5:48 AM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 7/21/14, 6:48 AM

David,

If the updates are in saas-5 then you have your answer.  The version information is located in the release.pl file, line 33.

# version_info format: (MAJOR, MINOR, MICRO, RELEASE_LEVEL, SERIAL)

version_info = (7, 'saas~5', 0, FINAL, 0)

You may need to migrate up from saas-1 through saas-5 using the built-in upgrade method to make the necessary database upgrades.  I must admit that I am not an expert on the saas versions and you will want to do some internal testing.

Of course if you want to see saas-5 in a test mode you can login to the runbot instance of saas-5 using the login admin and password admin then do whaterver you want, create users etc.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/20/14, 2:20 PM
Seen: 637 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM