This question has been flagged
14 Replies

When I select customers and click on Mass Mailing, the mails are sent to the followers of the customers. I would expect the mails to be sent to the email addresses of the customers. How do I get this to work?

Discard
Author

Thx for the superfast reply! I did get it to work that way. But unfortunately that workaround is too complicated for the average user. I would simply expect a mass mailing to partners to just send a mail to those partners, and not to the followers of those partners. Sending to the followers make no sense to me... Also, having to create a template for every mass mail seems silly. I only want to create a template when I expect to use it several times.

But thx for the suggestion!

Author

Also, all the followers are still receiving mails with the workaround. And when a follower is following 20 contacts that are used for mass mailing, that follower gets 20 mails...

Best Answer

It's fixed in v7 now if you download the latest version of the sources. Mass mailing for contacts and leads just do what the user expect it to do (there is still the option to send to all followers but it's hidden in the technical features).

Discard

How can i hide in technical feature?

Author

We downloaded latest version but we can't see any changes to the mass mailing. Can you give the link to the specific version download?

You say "Mass mailing for contacts and leads" but when I select several leads I haven't the mass mailing option. Is it normal?

Author

I also only see it on partners, not on leads. It would be nice to have it on leads too.

"latest version of the sources" 7.0-20130424-232422 downloaded Apr 24 2013

"Mass mailing for contacts and leads just do what the user expect it to do" Still says "Followers of selected items and". I can't change that.

"option to send to all followers" Uneditable default. I don't know how to access technical features. Can I turn it OFF there?

What gives? Am I retarded? Am I missing a clear and obvious solution? Haaaaaaalp.

Karma to you, Fabien, for engaging on this question! :)

Author Best Answer

It still doesn't work... Seriously...

Discard
Best Answer

Hi all,

Any solution for this issue? I am unable to send emails to a lista of partners selected from the partner list and using the "Mas Mailing" menu option.

Thank you very much

Regards

Paulo Matos

Discard
Best Answer

Tested today with latest version, and it does NOT work. I selected a few customers in list view, then "Mass mailing" button, the addresses just don't show up and nobody received anything. Very surprised to see such a basic feature bugged.

Discard

Here as well with v7 latest (nov 11). Also don't see the mass mailing option in leads list view. Anyone know how to make it work?

Best Answer

I'm really glad OpenERP exists. It's very powerful, very versatile, high-quality and free. AMAZING. Thanks to the creators and maintainers from the bottom of my heart. I'm using it for my small business (and considering using the web-based version).

"latest version of the sources" 7.0-20130424-232422 downloaded Apr 24 2013

"Mass mailing for contacts and leads just do what the user expect it to do" Still says "Followers of selected items and". I can't change that.

"(there is still the option to send to all followers but it's hidden in the technical features)." This is not an option. It's default. I don't know how to access technical features. Can I turn it OFF there?

Also: in question/2392/how-to-send-email-to-each-contact "Create new Email Template" is not an available option. Only "Save as new template" is available.

What gives? Am I retarded? Am I missing a clear and obvious solution? Haaaaaaalp.

Karma to you, Fabien, for engaging on this question! :)

Discard