Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Marketing Campaign openerp 7

Ashish Singh
on 4/1/14, 5:26 AM 3,096 views

Hello Guys i want to know how we configure market campaign module of openerp 7

Pls Help

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 4/1/14, 5:30 AM

Thanks a lot Jack

Ashish Singh
on 4/1/14, 8:59 AM

Welcome :)

Jagdish Panchal
on 4/1/14, 9:56 AM
On 4/1/14, 5:48 AM

I spent a lot of hours trying to figure out how the markeing campaign modules work in OpenERP. I finally got it to work, but in all honesty... I just can't sell this solution to my customers, because it's too complex for an average user to understand and the functionality is very limited. I advise you to not waste time on the OpenERP marketing campaign modules. Instead I advise to export your OpenERP email addresses to something like MailChimp. It has a massive amount of templates and the drag and drop interface is very easy to use. It has a lot of functionality. And as long as you don't go over certain (high) limits, it's free to use...

Thank for ur suggestion Flyguy,

Ashish Singh
on 4/1/14, 8:58 AM

I agree that the documentation is lacking and marketing campaigns come across as unnecessarily complicated. However Odoo will have better email templates soon and the mass mailing campaigns module can be used to create simple mass mailings. Admittedly the tracking of opens and clicks is not as sophisticated as mailchimp, but it is getting better. For autoresponder campaigns odoo's marketing campaigns module can quite simply be set up to deliver a sequence of emails after a customer signs up to an odoo mailing list. It would be really useful to have online examples of different marketing campaigns like this.

Kurt Haselwimmer
on 11/24/14, 1:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/1/14, 5:26 AM
Seen: 3096 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM